Best tortilla ever! This tortilla really makes the burrito/taco whatever you want to call it.
I brought some of these delicious tortillas home with me from my recent trip to Arizona. They are by far the best store-bought tortilla I have yet to find. My mom knows how to make a mean homemade tortilla, but hasn’t done so in a long while (hint, hint). In the meantime these will do just fine.
Tuesday Wednesday was a black bean burrito, with lots of vegetables.
- 1 can black beans rinsed
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 garlic cloves minced
- 1/2 cup frozen green peppers
- 1/2 cup frozen peas, carrots, and corn blend
- 1 tsp cumin
- salt and pepper
1. Cook onion in a medium pot just until tender. Add garlic, stir frequently.
2. Add beans and cook until tender, mash lightly.
3. Add frozen vegetables, stir.
4. Add cumin, salt and pepper.
- 1/2 cup brown rice
- 1 cup water
- juice 1/2 lime
- 1 tbsp cilantro
1. Cook rice in water, lime juice, and cilantro until done, about 30 minutes.
2. Add to bean mixture
Fill warmed tortilla with rice and bean mixture top with shredded cheese or nutritional yeast.
Tortilla chips (my weakness) on the side with regular salsa. I’ll be having some hot New Mexican salsa as soon as we finish the open jar we already have.
Working tomorrow at 0700