Happy New Year 2011
We went to our annual New Years Eve party at our dear friends home. Jason and Holly were such gracious hosts.
I made these beauties for the occasion:
Creme Chantilly in store-bought fillo dough shells topped with strawberries and chocolate shavings.
Chocolate pastry cream topped with creme chantilly, and raspberries.
Vanilla pastry cream topped with blackberries.
They flew off the platters in a blink of an eye. There may have been some pushing and shoving involved.
So glad I got to use my new Kitchen Aid mixer. This was my favorite gift from the hubby, truly a foodies dream.
To make the cream.
Creme Chantilly (whipped cream)
- heavy cream, chilled 1 qt
- powdered sugar 3 oz
- vanilla extract 2 tsp
1. Pace the cream in a chilled mixing bowl. Using a chilled balloon whisk, whisk the cream until slightly thickened.
2. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla , continue whisking until the cream becomes smooth and light. Do not overwhip.
The cream can stored for several hours in the refrigerator. If the cream begins to soften, gently rewhip as necessary.
Goals for 2011 include:
- Attend the Healthy Living Summit (again)
- Attend a local blogger conference
- Become a stronger blogger
- Become certified in PiYo
- Run two half marathons
- Join a running club
- Eat in more, eat out less
- Host a dinner party
- Develope healthy recipes
Toast, salud, chin chin !