Every recipe I post will be taste tested by the family, these were a big hit on the home front.
Pumpkin muffins with nutella swirl icing are quick and easy to make. They can be eaten for breakfast, a quick snack or healthy dessert. Pumpkin is loaded with Vitamin A, which is good for the eyes. Nutella…well…nutella is good for the soul.
Pumpkin Muffins with Nutella swirl icing
- 1-15 oz can pumpkin puree
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 large egg
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 C light brown sugar, packed
- 1/4 C granulated sugar
- 2 C all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp ground nutmeg (or fresh if you have it)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 tsp cocoa powder
- 12 tsp Nutella
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line or spray 12-cup muffin pan, set aside.
2. In a large bowl, mix together the flour, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt and coca powder. Set aside.
3. In a small bowl, mix together the pumpkin puree, oil, eggs, vanilla and brown sugar.
4. Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients and mix to combine.
5. Scoop the batter into the muffin cups evenly. Scoop a tsp of Nutella onto the top of each muffin. Use a toothpick to swirl the Nutella around the top of the batter.
6. Bake the cupcakes for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean.
Serve warm. Store in an airtight container.
Nutrition per muffin according to recipe calculator
Calories 266.8 g, Total fat 13.0 g, Total carbohydrate 35.4 g, Protein 4.4 g Vitamin A 111.5%